Smart & Simple Interview Questions To Ask Employers, When being Interviewed
You have a job interview that is soon approaching. In this guide we discuss the interview questions to ask the engineering organisation at the end of an interview.
Why Ask Interview Questions, During Your Interview?
Here at STEM Recruitment Partners, we always recommend candidates to ask questions during the interview and at the end of an interview when invited by the interviewing panel to do so.
According to indeed asking questions will give you a better understanding of whether the position is the right fit for you. It also shows the interviewer that you have a genuine interest in the position.
Job interviews are not only for the hiring company to ensure that the candidate is a fit for their company and team. They are also an opportunity for engineering jobseekers to evaluate potential employers. The ideal outcome would be for both parties to leave the process feeling that the candidate, the position, and the business are a good fit.
Additionally, well-chosen interview questions can make the applicant stand out from the competition. The appropriate questions show you were engaged and attentive in the conversation and that you have interest in the position. Moreover, it can be a chance for you to demonstrate any other information you may have. You might cite current news items or business statements/reports for example.
Do Your Research On Interview Questions.
It can be difficult to think of appropriate questions on the spot, so as part of your interview preparation, you should come up with a list of potential questions. Your questions should demonstrate your level of knowledge and should not be ones that can be quickly resolved by visiting the business’ website. When coming up with questions, you should consult the following resources:
- Begin by reading the job description. Check to see if any important details are missing or if the interviewer needs to expound on anything.
- Search the company’s website and social media to learn more about it.
- Google News the business name to find out more.
- Use Google Trends to see what’s trending in the industry of your potential employer
- Look at the interviewers’ LinkedIn profiles.
How Many Interview Questions Should You Ask?
A minimum of four or five questions should be prepared for the interview in advance. This guarantees that you have follow-up questions even if one or two of yours were addressed during the interview.
What Interview Questions to Avoid.
- Asking queries that are primarily about what the organization can do for you should be avoided.
- Don’t inquire about pay or annual leave, your recruitment agency should have briefed you I advance
- Don’t ask yes/no questions. Ask questions that are genuinely open-ended instead.
- Do not ask questions that anyone could find the answers to just taking a short look over the business website.
- Never ask a question that has already been addressed in the interview because it indicates that you were not fully present in the conversation.
Some Great Interview Questions to Ask an Employer
Questions About Your Potential new Job
- Could you tell me more about the day-to-day responsibilities of this role?
- What is the company’s strategic plan for the next year, and how will it impact this role?
- What do you think is the most important indicator of success in this role?
- Can you tell me more about the team I would be working with (if I successfully secured the role)?
- What does success look like?
- If I were taken on for this role, what would you want me to achieve in my first few months?
- Are there mechanisms in place for performance reviews?
- Is this a new position?
Interview Questions About The Company
- What qualities and attributes make for a successful employee in the company?
- How would you describe the management style here?
- How would you describe the company culture?
- How would you describe the work/life balance here?
- What are the company’s goals for the year?
- Are there opportunities for professional development?
- What is the greatest challenge currently facing the company?
- Is there anything that we haven’t discussed that you think is important for me to know about working here?
- What are the company’s values?
Interview Questions To ask The Hiring Manager
- What do you enjoy about working here?
- Where do you see the company in the next five years?
- Could you tell me the timeline for making a decision and when you think I can expect to hear from you?
- Do you need any further information from me to help you make your decision?
- If I am successful today, what do the next steps look like?
At STEM Recruitment Partners we specialise in Life Science & Engineering Recruitment. Our team have extensive experience (67 years combined) recruiting in the Irish Market. Reach out to the team here in STEM Recruitment Partners for the best advice and support in building your engineering teams contact us today